ManageIQ UI Patterns
This guide aims to provide information that allows a quick start for new contributors for the UI.
- Page Layout – basic page structure and elements.
- Menus – menu sections, subsections, menu items.
- RBAC – permission system, verifying acces to features and items.
- Toolbar and Buttons – how to define toolbars and toolbar buttons.
- Button Actions – how to react on button presses.
- Textual Summaries – entities’ details, relations, properties.
- Trees, Nodes, Accordions
- GTL – Grid, Table, List
- Running through the Queue and Busy Waiting
- Reports and Charts
- Remote Consoles
- Angular Components
- Calling the API – how to call the API from the client-side.
- Forms – on writing UI forms
- Redux – how to write reducers for redux, how to structure them and how to dispatch actions.
- Extending the UI from Provider Repositories – how provider authors can extend the UI with buttons, dialogs and execute Ansible playbooks.
- Dialog Editor – components and workflow of Angular dialog editor.
- Breadcrumbs – how breadcrumbs work